Fri 16 – Sat 17 March 2018, New College, Holywell Street, Oxford
This conference meets within discipline streams and focuses in on key questions within each field of study, giving space to explore specific methodologies and approaches from a perspective of faith.
How can postgraduates, postdocs, and academics at the University of Oxford approach their academic disciplines as Christians? What does it mean to respond to a Christian vocation and to honour God in university life? Developing a Christian Mind: Seeking Wisdom examines these questions in five disciplinary streams: Humanities, Medical Sciences, Natural Sciences, Philosophy and Theology, and Social Sciences. Oxford academics and postgraduates speak and lead discussion for each stream. Past attendees are encouraged to come, listen to new talks, and take part in discussion with new attendees.
- Friday morning & afternoon: Day 1 of the discipline streams (check each one for a detailed schedule).
- Friday evening: Joint dinner with students and lecturers at New College, following after prayer and drinks
- Saturday morning & afternoon Day 2 of the discipline streams (check each one for a detailed schedule).
** The 2018 disciplinary streams schedule will be available soon. The 2017 schedule is below as a guide**
Friday 17 – Saturday 18 March 2017
New College, Holywell Street, University of Oxford
- Humanities Stream: Friday afternoon and Saturday.
- Natural Sciences Stream: Why Are We Here? Exploring the Place of Science. Friday afternoon and Saturday.
- Philosophy and Theology Stream: Pursuing Truth Through Reason and Story. All day Friday; on Saturday, join another stream
- Social Sciences Stream: An Overview (Friday all day) and Climate Change (Saturday morning)